Monday, September 2, 2019

Hershey's Kisses Watermelon Slices

Hope everyone is having a nice long weekend!  We woke up to heavy rain today, but later in the day the sun came out.  Crazy weather.  If you follow my blog, you know that I love all the neat Hershey's Kisses projects that Brenda Quintana makes.  This one was no exception!  I made some for our picnic that got rained out.  We ended up having it indoors.  Check out her video - Watermelon Slices.  The best thing was that I had all the punches she used.  Here are the little tents for the kisses.


Then I used my punches to make the watermelon slices.  In her video she scores them separately, but I glued them together and then scored them.  I had better luck that way.


Here are some of the little seeds I had punched.  Yes, they are tiny!!


I tried gluing them on, but decided there must be a better way.  I then remember this glue sponge I had just ordered.  I don't remember where I saw this, but it works great!  For these little pieces, I used my tweezers and just tapped them on the sponge and they stuck on the CS great! 


I did one side at a time and then the other.  With the glue sponge it went really fast.


Here is the final product!


Next I put the Hershey's  Kisses inside.  Of course, I had to taste them to make sure they weren't stale!! I think they turned out so cute!


Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy



6 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

What a darling idea! Picnic perfect! Sorry you got rained out, but I'll bet you had fun, anyway. Our weather continues to be gorgeous. Hard to get much crafting done when it's so beautiful outside.

TLady said...

SOOO CUTE! Yes, these ARE PERFECT for a picnic! I'm SURE if you had any kids there, they too LOOOVED THEM! Simon Says Stamp carries the glue sponge! ;) A SUPER LITTLE FAVOR for your picnic, outside or in! ;)<3

Denise said...

Cute cute cute! Love!

Tanza Erlambang said...

look like real...so cute.

Have a great day

Karen Dunbrook said...

very cute!
:) Karen

dellgirl said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this post. It is so unique and different, absolutely beautiful. You explained it so well. Thank you for sharing this. Love the photos!