Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Halloween Card

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  Jennifer and my daughter came up for Grandparent's Day and we had a wonderful time.  Jennifer and I spent some time crafting and I made my first Halloween card of the season.  Hard to believe Halloween will be here soon and she will be 6 years old!!  I saw this card on Pinterest and decided to CASE it changing up a few things.


My base card was in Crumb Cake - 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".   My first layer was in Early Expresso - 5" x 3 3/4" and my next layer was in Very Vanilla - 4 3/4" x 3 1/2".  I adhered them on an angle,


I used SU's stamp set Spooky Sweets along with the bat/moon punch.  I love this set and punch.  I just punched some bats, a moon and stars out and popped them up over the card with dimensionals along with the sentiment cut out with a tag die from Spellbinders.


For my inside sentiment, I used an old stamp I got from the $ bin at Michaels.  I even decided to stamp the outside of the envelope.


Jennifer likes my little - Gingerbread house - that I have on my shelf made with SU's Sweet Home stamps and dies and asked if she could make one - but a Halloween one!  I thought what a great idea, why didn't I think of that??  We didn't have much time left, but I think it turned out pretty cute.  She's getting pretty good in the craft room.


I took a picture of my flowers on the front yard by the lamp post before the frost comes! They look so pretty.  I will miss them.


Now, I will have to get out the rest of my Halloween stamps and make some more cards.  I'm trying to get ahead of my stamping.  We will see what happens!!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy


5 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, wow, these cards are so great! I love them! I need to start on Halloween cards with all the NEW stamps I got, even though I have enough cards left from last year. Those little Halloween houses are adorable, but excuse me, not anywhere near as adorable as Jennifer. She's so cute! It will be sad to see the flowers give over to winter, I know. My garden already looks sad with all the rain we suddenly started having. Oh well, more time to stamp when the weather turns.

Denise said...

Love your card and spooky house Nancy! You've reminded me to use the little house dies I've had in my stash. This year is going by way too fast!

Tanza Erlambang said...

time fly so fast...Halloween comes soon...

beautiful cards and pretty flowers at the bottom of post...

mamawcindy said...

I know It's so crazy thinking of Halloween. This year is flying by. I love your Halloween card and those little haunted houses are adorable! Your crafting buddy is beautiful. I need to get some Halloween things made. Not sure when my surgery is going to be. Happy day to you!
cindys-greencricut

dellgirl said...

I loved every minute of this fun and interesting post, it’s awesome! And, the photos are absolutely gorgeous!