Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Gingerbread House

Well, the holidays are over and it's back to work and school!  OMG!!  They went bye so fast.  Is it me or does everyone else feel like like this?  We have been in a deep freeze as well, with snow and cooler weather coming tomorrow night.  I have been in a cleaning mode taking down my Christmas decorations and trying to clean up my craft room.  The house seems so empty and bare without all the decorations and lights.  In my cleaning, I found this cute little house that I made for the kids and I forgot to post it.  Making this house reminded me of making and decorating the paper doll clothes I used to do.  I used the stamp set from SU - Sweet Home along with the matching Thinlet dies.  I had so much fun playing with them.  There are a lot of videos on youtube on making them.  I tried to decorate each one a little bit different.  Here is the front view of this one.  I used my 1/2" circle punch and my candy cane DSP paper for the candy.  The stripped sides are a stamped image in the stamp set that I cut out and adhered on the sides of the house.


This set has so many different dies that you can use to individualize each house.  This is the side view.  I used some glimmer paper for the roof, and I used the negative piece for the snow hanging over the roof.


This is the back view.  I also cut out the hearts and gingerbread man from the DSP paper as well.


I used soft suede for this house, but also used crumb cake and chocolate chip as well.  I closed the roof here, but left the roof open on some to fill with goodies and put some ribbon on to use as an ornament.  I had such fun making these.  I can also see these as little houses for Valentine's Day.

For those of you that are stamping your SU planner, here are my pages for January.   My friend Patty - at PJ's Projects -  sent me the New Year's stamp set for Christmas which I used for January's pages.  Check her post out for more planner ideas!   I also used Sunshine Sayings and Christmas Quilt for my words.  I used some of SUs washi tape on the bottom.


I love stamping my planner for each month.  Well, I have to go and wrap myself up in my blanket!!  I can't remember when it was this cold here and this is just the beginning of January.  Hope everyone had a great New Year's.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

How could you forget to post this darling little thing? So cute! You've got me thinking about planners, too, but I know I'd never stick to it. I've been seeing your weather on the news. Brrrr! I cleaned up after Christmas a few days ago and it felt good to have the house back to normal.