Friday, September 6, 2019

Stitching Cards

Here are some more stitching cards that I made.  I am definitely hooked on these.  For these I used dies from the Market Place called postcard.  I cut two of them out to make my card - approx. 5 1/2" x 4" and scored about 1/4" on one of the die cuts and glued it to the other to make a card.  I love the shape of the die.  I made one on Gorgeous Grape and the other in a green piece of CS I had laying around.  I was trying to match it with the green thread I had used.


I then cut Very Vanilla CS  5 1/4" x 3 1/4" to die cut my stitching patterns.  I did the heart first and then the hello die over the heart.  This was the first time I did two dies on the same CS.  You have to be careful so the holes do not punch each other out.  I think it worked out pretty good.  For my stitching, I used the back stitch.


I stitched the heart first and then the hello.  I used a solid color thread for the heart but wanted to try a variegated purpe color for the hello.  I then backed it with foam so it would stand out and glued it to the base card with a few sequins.


For the inside sentiment, I used SU's Blended Seasons and the Bordering Blooms on the bottom in the Gorgeous Grape ink.


I repeated the same process for the green card using green thread for the heart and yellow for the hello.


I used SU's Lemon Lime Twist ink for the stamping.  If you are interesting in doing this type of card, check out Jennifer McGuire on Youtube.  She has several videos out there as well as some other crafters.  I am definitely hooked on doing this.  I already have a few more that I am working on. 

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy



4 comments:

Tanza Erlambang said...

your designs are excellent...always....love it

Leslie Miller said...

These look so fun and they're definitely pretty! I can see you put some careful thought into the design and it worked out beautifully. Love them!

Denise said...

These are beautiful!

dellgirl said...

Oh WOW Nancy, these cards turned out beautifully. They’re awesome! You are so creative and you do such a wonderful job on all your projects. I love these cards! Thanks for sharing the inspiration.

Wishing you a great week!