Thursday, September 19, 2019

Halloween Coffin Treat Boxes

When the new SU Holiday catalog came out, I was excited to see some great holiday projects.  The first thing to catch my eye was the cute Halloween Coffin Treat Boxes.  I knew they would be perfect for the Wellness Center.  Since I make a lot of different types of treats for my daughter to take, I always look for something that comes together quick.  You get 12 of these treat boxes in a bundle and they are already die cut.  So far I have managed to put 24 of them together.


And so the project began!!  First thing I did was glue them all together.  I was very pleased with the quality of the paper and all the score lines were already done for me.  They actually came together pretty quick.


After gluing them together, the next step was using the Wicked Die.  I split the colors between Pumpkin Pie and Gorgeous Grape.  They all die cut so well which made the project a lot easier.


I didn't want to overdo the decorating as I had so many to make, so I just glued down some sparkly ribbon and then added the wicked die cut on top of it and topped it off with a cute little spider with some googly eyes that I found in Michael's.  I asked Jennifer what she thought I should put in the box for goodies and she said M&M's.  So, I got the snack size M&M's and they fit perfectly.  I think she is hoping for any leftovers!  These cute boxes can hold so many different thing.


Here is the first tray ready to go - and it isn't even October!!!  Just for the record, I have had a big shot for many years and I love it.  Unfortunately, my shoulders and hands do not, so I have treated myself and just ordered a Vagabond 2.  Amazon delivered it today - just in time to die cut more goodies!  I can hardly wait to just hold my fingers to use it.

I submited this post to CardzTV Challenge #98 - Anything Goes.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy




3 comments:

dellgirl said...

Love, Love, Love, this post, your title caught my eye and drew me in here! Your project is awesome and so well done. They’re beautiful, thank you for sharing this inspiration.

Wishing you a wonderful Friday!

Tanza Erlambang said...

aww...scary coffin...hehehe...lol....(just kidding)
awesome for Halloween...Love it

Have a wonderful weekend.

Leslie Miller said...

Very cute! I love how they look all piled up on the plate, and they're going to be such a hit at the wellness center. The dies are great, too. You're getting a head start on Halloween!