Monday, October 2, 2017

Thinking of You Card

Here is the other card that my friend Martha and I made with the Colorful Season and Dies from SU.  I think I fell in love with the colors on this card.  We made the base card in Black CS, and I found some DSP I had laying around that matched the Lemon Lime Twist CS perfectly.  That was our next layer.


The layer of our Lemon Lime Twist is 4 1/2" x 3 1/4".  We stamped our sentiment in Basic Black on a clear piece of vellum 4 1/4" x 3" and adhered it to the layer.  We used Black CS for our chairs.  The leaves were also cut out in vellum as well.  It's hard to see, but one of the leaves is cut with gold going through the vellum. 


We loved how it turned out.  I had not used vellum for awhile and it was difficult to glue it down.  I used small glue dots and tried to hide them under the chairs and leaves.  It is a beautiful day here in PA. and the week is supposed to be warm as well.  Have a great week.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Ahh, these chairs... isn't it funny how they seem to say "thinking of you"? I sure love that Lime Twist. Beautiful!

PJ said...

You did a great job with the vellum. I can never figure out how to glue it down so you don't see it's glued down. I love those chairs and leaves. Gosh this is a swell set.