Friday, September 29, 2017

October Planner

OMG!!  Is it Friday already?  I really don't know where this week has gone.  It has been a busy one.  My stamping friend Martha came on Wed. for our last visit.  She is heading home to Florida tomorrow.  We made some great cards which I will post down the road.  I realized that we are also at the end of the month and I wanted to stamp my October Planner pages.  As I mentioned before, Michele from The Cow's Whisperer's Creative Cards does a video on the Planner pages on her FACEBOOK ACCOUNT which was last night.  She also does videos on her BLOG.  every Tuesday night at 8PM ET.  She gave us a peak last night of what she plans on doing next week and it is soooo cute!  Try and join us.

This month's planner pages was devoted of course to Halloween - one of my favorite holidays!  The stamp sets I used were Spooky Bingo Bits and Cookie Cutter Halloween.  I love these sets.


I also used some Spooky Nights DSP and washi tape that my daughter gave me that she found at Michael's.  The little pumpkin and Treat or Treat stamps are also from Michael's $1 bin.  I love the idea of stamping on these pages.  It is so much fun to do, as well as I get to look at the pages all month.

We are in the process of bring in some plants and picking up the outside for what will come - SNOW!! Here is a picture of one of my favorite plants.  It is a pink oxalis.  Some people call it the shamrock plant.  There is also a green one with white flowers.  I always liked the dark leaf one with the pink flowers.


Every year I put it on the front porch and it does so well.  Then I bring it in and it slowly goes down hill and barely makes it to Spring.  This year I am going to try another window and see what happens.  So I took this picture in case it doesn't make it.

Well, Joe brought more eggplants in from the garden so I'm off to make stuffed eggplants.  I found this great recipe from Lidia that we love.  I'm going to try and freeze some as well.  This is the first year we grew eggplants and from just one plant we got a dozen eggplants which we didn't expect.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy




2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Cute! I love Halloween, too, for all the fun cards and decorations. I have that same oxalis, but it stays in the ground all year and goes dormant till spring. Pretty!

PJ said...

Love the planner. So much fun to customize it all your own. I've not ever heard of that plant. It's really lovely. I'm so curious as to what the recipe is that you use for the egg plants. THat's quite the harvest you have and great you have a good recipe to use.