Monday, September 25, 2017

Thinking of You Card

My stamping friend Martha brought a few stamp sets with her this summer that she wanted to use.  Among them was the Colorful Seasons and dies.  We had so much fun making this card.  I found this design on Pinterest and just adjusted it accordingly to what supplies I had on hand.  We were really happy how it turned out.


The base card was made in Whisper white along with the chair.  The scallops were cut in Chocolate Chip, Sweet Sugarplum and Powder Pink with one of the dies.  The large limb was also cut with a die using Chocolate Chip CS and the small flowers were cut out using a die a well.


The small branches and small flowers were stamped.  We decided to pop up the small flowers with dimensionals, so they would stand out and decorated them with some small pearls. I didn't purchase this stamp set but I'm having second thoughts.  We did another card with it which I will post soon.  I love the look of this stamp set.

Jennifer was here for the weekend and we had so much fun.  We had to wait until after dinner to go out as it was so hot - in the 90's!!  I can't believe that my mums are surviving this hot weather.  She wanted her picture taken with the mums!


She loves riding her ATV.


The bad thing is now it is getting dark around 7PM.  That's the one thing I hate about winter.  Have a great week!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

I entered this post to:

Cardz TV Anthing Goes Challenge - #15
Addicted to Stamps and More Anthing Goes Challenge - #261







6 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Those cards are gorgeous! Amazing what can be done with just a few branches and a chair. It's perfect! Love the scalloped border, too. Jennifer is a cutie pie! We sure aren't getting that heat here, but not complaining. Fall weather, but pretty. Your yellow mums are spectacular!

Unknown said...

Do you have a list of what you used for this great card? Without the blog? Pretty.

Inkyfingers said...

What a gorgeous design! I love the beautiful blossom and the scalloped edge is a perfect finishing touch.
Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
Hugs
Carol x

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

I'm glad you liked the card. The colors, stamps and dies are listed above. We made an A2 size card with the Whisper White. I cut the Chocolate Brown and Sugarplum 2" x 5 1/4" and then used my scallop die on them. The Powder Pink CS I used my scallop die and glued it down with the the other scallops. Then I cut the piece 3 1/4" and it fit nicely on the front of my card. Hope this helps.

Nandini said...

Really gorgeous! Love it! Great to see you in the ATSM gallery. Hope you will join us again soon. Nandini, DT

PJ said...

Ohh.. I so badly want to order this stamp set. Love it, and your card. You did fabulous work with the scallop and the colors. Jennifer is such a little sweetheart standing by your gorgeous mums and on her ATV. What a little joy to have around. ♥