Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Kitchen Dresses Christmas Cards

I fell in love with these adorable kitchen dresses that I saw on - Running With Scissors - blog.  She made several types but I decided to make some for Christmas cards, as I'm trying to get an early start on my cards.  I used the die from  the Frantic Stamper's Kitchen Dress Design A2 Card Maker.  I loved how they turned out.


This one I used Garden Green CS for the base and some DSP for the apron layer.  It's hard to see, but the spoon and roller I used Gold Glitter paper.


For this card, I used Garden Green CS for the base and cut some DSP for the card front and apron.  I colored in the spoon and rolling pin handle with some brown marker.


For the last card, I used Christmas DSP for the card base and apron.


For the inside sentiment I used either Whisper white or Very Vanilla CS for the apron.


My stamping friend Martha and I so enjoyed playing with this die.  It reminded me of when I was a kid and played with my cut out paper dolls.  I spent many hours on hot summer days with my cousins at my Nanny's kitchen table designing paper doll outfits.  I will be playing with this die a lot more!  We are preparing for a hurricane here on the East coast.  Hopefully, it won't be as bad as the one that hit Texas.  Have a good week!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

I submitted these cute dresses to Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge 258 Holiday


4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Ack! These are so cute! This truly is the most fun die. I love them as Christmas cards. When I play with dies like this I feel exactly the same way -- like when I was a kid playing with construction paper projects. Grown up toys are the best! I hope the hurricane doesn't hit you too hard. I'll be thinking of you and watching the news.

PJ said...

OH I LOVE These. They are so adorable. I love aprons anyways. I have pinterest board on them even. I use to make a few back in the day before stamping took over my life. haha.. Gosh I will have to look up that die, it's so cute. I love the story about playing with paper dolls. Fantastic. I hope you will be safe.. the weather is so scary for so many places right now. My friend in WA is surrounded by fires.. it's just not good.. I guess I'm thankful for good ole WI.. (((HUGS)))

Julie Temple said...

Adorable!! Cant' wait to see what you come up with next!
Julie

Creative world said...

Gorgeous set of dress cards,love the idea and design...thank you for joining us at ADDICTED TO STAMPS AND MORE CHALLENGE this week,hope to see you again
Željka DT xx