Monday, October 30, 2017

Jennifers Birthday Card

Well, it's a little hectic around here between Halloween and Jennifer's birthday.  Hard to believe our little pumpkin will be four years old tomorrow.  It seems like yesterday that we were all rushing to the hospital for the emergency C-section on our daughter.  She is growing by leaps and bounds.  I usually make Jennifer a recordable card for her birthday.  SU doesn't sell them anymore, and I have one more left in my stockpile.  She loves them and has them in her room.  For some reason, this year's card was hard to make.  I had a lot of ideas but nothing that I was happy about.  I had to get down to business this weekend as time was running out.  I started out with the base card in Pretty N' Pink.  It is a retired SU color but I have a few sheets left.  I used my # of Years framelits to cut out the number four in some pretty glimmer paper I had on hand and then mounted it on two cutouts of cardboard to make it stand out. 


I used the # of Years stamp set for my sentiment a well.  I had such a wonderful surprise last week.  My friend Martha from Florida sent me a surprise package - it was a misti!!  I have been thinking about it since a lot of my friends use it but it was not top on my list.  Well, this is the first card I used with it and what a pleasure!  I ended up having to restamp my sentiment and it was so clean and neat!   Loved it!!  I used the framelits from the Birthday Delivery set on the DSP for the presents and party hats.  I then decided to add some ribbon I had in my stash on the front to finish it off. 


For the inside I used the framelits again for the cake and ribbons.  I thought it was pretty neat that the one of the cakes had 4 candles on it.  I used one of my Action Wobbles for the cake and twine for the balloon strings.  I was happy how it turned out.  Well, I hope everyone has a great week and a wonderful Halloween!!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

2 comments:

PJ said...

Oh gosh This is a beautiful card For Jennifer. I love all the details you put in it. Especially how the number 4 is carried through the whole card. Which by the way reminds me of a present itself with the ribbons. The 2 hats and 2 presents for 4, the candles for 4 and the balloons for 4. She is going to love it. Well done my friend. It looks lovely.

Leslie Miller said...

Once you got down to business it sure turned out cute! She'll love it, especially that it's interactive with the recording and the wobble. I have a lot of retired SU paper. I even used Glorious Green the other day and it was the perfect color. You never know when you're going to need it. Happy Halloween to you!