Thursday, January 24, 2019

Valentine Covered Containers

I'm back today with some cute containers that I covered for Jennifer's teachers for Valentine's Day.  In the past, I have covered some small - coffee cups for Halloween for Jennifer's classmates, but decided to get some bigger containers with flat lids to make for her teachers.  I just loved how they turned out.


I found these containers at Hobby Lobby.  They were the only ones with lids.  They came 5 to a package.  I needed to take one apart to use as a template which I will keep for future use.


I made a template out of cardboard extending it about 1/4" so I would have a hangover.  Then I traced it on some DSP and using my green glue I wrapped each of the containers.  Since each container is not a perfect size there was a little extra on the bottom which I just cut off.


 Then for the lid I used my Spellbinders Scallop Circle die.  I also had some washi tape in my stash and I decorated each rim. 


I used the Heart Happiness stamp and the Sweet & Sassy Framelits to cut them.


I then added some 1/4" ribbon to the lid and secured the heart.  I forgot to take a picture, but I found some little enamel hearts that I added to the lid just to dress them up.  I loved how they turned out and they came together so quick and easy.


Jennifer is coming up this weekend, and we will fill them with candy hearts for her teachers and dress them all up in some in Valentine bags to hand out.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy


3 comments:

Denise said...

Great idea for Jennifer's teachers! And cute too!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, gosh, you did these up cute! What sweet little gifts for Jennifer's teachers! When I was in grade school we had one teacher for the whole day. I guess things have changed.

Zaa said...

OMG...Your creativity is habit forming ... I love that your cards and crafts are user-friendly and I can pick and choose the ones I want for me and the ones I want to share with the children... This is another winner ...Thanks for the visit ..I'm your newest follower..Hugs