Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Tea Tins

Before I forget, I wanted to post some goodies that I made my daughters for Christmas.  I always try to make them something for Christmas and this year I decided to decorate some tea tins as they both love their tea!  I just used some of the Tea Room SDSP and wrapped it around the tin with the tear and tape.  I embossed the sentiment with the copper embossing powder using the Time For Tea stamping set and cut them out with the matching dies.


To decorate the lids I used the Tea Room Copper Vinyl Stickers and tied some twine in a bow for the front.  The tin held three bags of loose tea perfectly.


I decided to use different SDSP for each tin.


After I wrapped them up, I decided it needed something else so I decorated the stars with some red and white twine I had.  It took about 36" and I just kept wrapping  around the star.


I loved how they turned out.  Of course, when the girls saw them they wanted one as well, so I ended up making more.  They have them hanging on their key rings!  I love how they turned out.


Now I guess I have to start putting all the Christmas goodies away for another year!  I feel like I'm just getting started and it's time to stop.  I guess it's time to start on all the heart items!!  Everyone in the Pansy Patch hope you and yours had a wonderful New Year's.  We went with Jennifer and her Mom to the NJ Convention Center yesterday to the Jurassic Dinosaur Exhibit.  I have never seen so many kids in one place before!!


We then stopped at the Rainforest Cafe for dinner.  It was a realistic rainforest, complete with lush vegetation, tropical rainstorms, trumpeting elephants, etc. and waterfalls.  She had a great time, and we were totally exhausted when we finally got home.



Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

I entered this post over at Crafty Creations Challenge #381 - Anything Goes! and CardzTV Challenge #80 - Anything Goes.




3 comments:

Denise said...

Love your tea tins! And the dinosaur tamer is the cutest!

Leslie Miller said...

Those tins are so cute! Funny how I was just thinking about my drawer full of tins this morning and wondering if I should give them up. Some things I never get around to, but now you remind me how cute they can be. I used to decorate a lot of tins. You're very patient to do all those stars! They're fantastic! Such darling charms or ornaments. The Jurassic exhibit looks like fun for kids. I know I'd love the Rain Forest Cafe! How cool! Happy new year!

mamawcindy said...

Love your tins. So pretty and sweet and love the stars. Such a cute Idea to hang them on their key chain. Would make cute ornaments to. Sounds like you all had a great time. Happy New year to you!