Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Off the Edge Fairy Card

I just got finished making these adorable cards!  I saw a video from Jennifer McQuire showcasing these stamps and cards and fell in love with them.  I knew they would be perfect for Sarah and Jennifer.  Both have a love for fairies.  Jennifer even got a cute fairy house from Santa for Christmas.


The stamps that she showcased were from the December's monthly kit from Hero Arts.  I had never purchased one of their kits before but the "fairies" made me do it!  I was pleasantly surprised!  This kit has so many stamps and dies plus extra goodies that came with it.  I love the dandelion stamps that come with the kit.  The kit also included a glimmer pen that I used on the fairies wings and heart on the envelope.  This pen is great - a lot of glimmer.


This is just one of the examples of stamping off the edge.  I like how she cut the card down to size so it fits in a regular envelope.  Check out her videos for a lot of good ideas.  She does such a great job.  Here is a picture of the inside of the card.


Playing with these dandelion stamps reminded me of when I was a kid picking them and blowing them away with my wishes.  Since I am mailing them, I decided to dress up the envelope. 


I have finally managed to put away most of the Christmas decorations.  I have a naked tree in the living room so that is next.  Have a great week!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy


3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, that glimmer pen really does glimmer! I love how you colored the fairy dresses, and the design is so cool the way the fairy is cut out. Fairies can make you do a lot of things, hopefully all good. Perfect for Jennifer!

Denise said...

What a cute card Nancy! Love it.

Zaa said...

I love these little fairy cards... It's just perfect for this week-end visit with my grand-daughter... I don ’t have the exact stamp but I’m sure that we can be creative. Thanks for sharing ...Hugs