Friday, January 18, 2019

Valentine Heart Puzzle

This post is a follow-up to the post earlier this week when I made the Valentine boxes for Jennifer's classmates.  She was so excited when I showed her what I was going to put in them.  Today you have to be so careful about giving out goodies at daycare, schools, etc.  Too many allergies, etc.  It is always hard to come up with something, but when I saw this adorable Valentine puzzle I knew it would be perfect.  I saw these on one of Jennifer's McGuires's videos .  She did a bunch of different ideas, but I thought the heart would be perfect for the kids.


I stamped the sentiment on thick Whisper White CS - 4" x 31/2".  I did 10 in Real Red and 10 in Sweet Sugarplum to match the boxes I had assembled.  I then ran them through the big shot.


With the paper this size it was easy just to place the die down.  It didn't really have to be perfect.  The die is called Heart Puzzle Die - PNM138 from Pink and Main.  They also have a larger rectangle die as well.  I used the thick Whisper White CS from SU so it had some thickness and the kids could handle it OK.


I did have to run it through back and forth just to make sure the puzzle edges came out crisp.  They cut out really well.


Here is what it looks like broken into its pieces.  I was just going to place each puzzle in a box but was afraid a piece might slip out, so I found these little bags in my stash to put them in to keep them secure. 


They fit perfectly in the little boxes.  They are all really to give to Jennifer and her Mom to put in the goodie bags they are preparing.  They purchased some other things, and I will contribute these pencils also which I had in my stash. 


I remember Rachel and Sarah loved to do puzzles.  I think the kids are going to enjoy these even if it is only for the day!  I wanted to post this today as we are suppose to get some really bad weather over the weekend.  They are forecasting wind, rain, ice and 8-11 inches of snow.  I hope our power doesn't go out like it did last year or knock down any more trees.  One good thing  is that I will get to work on some more goodies.  I have the Wellness Center and teachers next.  They have already declared a State of Emergency for  PA.  Spring can not come too soon for me!  Everyone please be safe!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy



4 comments:

Denise said...

Love,love,love the heart puzzle! And what a great idea for the boxes and Jennifer's classmates.

Leslie Miller said...

What a cute, cute idea for inside the boxes! Much better than a treat, and I know how it is for school kids these days. So many peanut allergies. Where did that come from? I don't remember it being like that when I was a kid or even when my son was in school. This is perfect! The pencils are a nice bonus, and pretty! I've seen your weather on the news. Looks awful! I hope you don't lose power!

Patch Monkey said...


This is a blog to watch for sure. I think you have a really awesome writing style by the way. Very easy to read. Your blog design is so clean too! Thank you all the hard work!

Unique Gift Idea For Police

Zaa said...

What super ideas... They really made me smile and I’ve put them on a must do list with my Grand-daughter...Thanks for sharing your creativity...Love It !!!