Monday, January 21, 2019

Blooming Love Valentine Card

No one felt like going outside over the weekend with all the snow, cold and ice, so I started making some Valentine cards. Fortunately, we didn't lose our power.  I am a big fan of eclipse cards, so when I saw this over at Pinterest I knew I had to CASE it.  For the measurements, I cut Real Red 4 1/4" x 11"  and scored it at 5 1/2".  The measurements for the Basic Black are - 3 1/8" x 4 7/8" and Whisper White is 3" x 4 3/4". 


I used SU's Blooming Love stamp set and stamped the larger heart in Real Red offset to each other.  Then using my Large Letter Framelits, I cut out LOVE.  I liked the fact that each letter had some stamping on it.  I first adhered the Whisper White to the Basic Black and then used my foam adhesive strips to pop up the letters gluing down the space in the O last.  These adhesive strips are a must have when making these cards!


I love these colors together.  For the inside sentiment, I used the Sealed with Love SU stamp set and decorated the bottom with another Blooming Love stamp.


For once, I feel like I'm moving right along.  Jennifer and her friends and teachers are finished, I started some cards and actually know what I'm going to make the Wellness Center.  Yeah!!  It is so bitter cold here, but I have to admit it looks so pretty outside - as long as I'm inside!!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy


1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

These are sooooo beautiful! The black behind the letters really helps them stand out. I love the look of this technique, but don't have the right dies for it. Pretty stamps and so lovely inside, as well.