Thursday, October 3, 2013

Baby Carriage Card

This is the card I decided to make for my daughter for her baby shower this weekend.  I have seen it done several different ways on the web.


Recipe:

Paper - Pretty & Pink, Whisper White - SU
Accessories - Large Scallop Die, Embossing Folder - Swiss Dots,  Martha Stewart Punch, Heart Punch, circle punches
Embellishments - Pink Ribbon

Fold a piece of 5 1/2" x 11" CS in half.  With the fold on the top, leave 5 scallops showing on the large scallop die and pass it through the big shot.  Then run the front side through the embossing folder.  Cut out about 5 scallops for the opening in the center of your image - like a piece of pie.  I punched out a strip of whisper white using my Martha Stewart punch and glued it down for the trim of the carriage.  I used my
1 1/4 " circle punch for the wheels and my heart punch to decorate it.  I have seen the wheels done with 1/2" circles inside, as well as with buttons.  I then used my handheld heart punch to decorate the carriage top with hearts and added my ribbon.  You could also use some brads in place of the ribbon. I liked how the card turned out and can hardly wait till my daughter sees it.

We have a busy weekend ahead of us with a lot of fun planned.  Next week I'll post some more goodies I made for the shower.  Thank goodness Rachel helped me wrap up all the goodies her Mom and I got for the shower or I would still be wrapping!!  Have a wonderful weekend.  The leaves are changing colors and the mountains look really beautiful here!

Thanks for stopping bye,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah

No comments: