Friday, September 27, 2013

Baby Shower Favors

I was trying to decide what I wanted to make for favors for my daughter's shower, and I saw these cute carriages on Pinterest.  It turned out that they were made by the same person - Brenda Quintana - that I had used for my Xmas Trees last year.  I thought they were so cute and unique! I decided to make them in the Melon Mambo paper that I had used for the invitation.  Rachel and Sarah like Pretty and Pink, so that was the other color I used.  We're going to put one by each place setting.  I think they will definitely add to the decorations. 


 
 
The only thing that I did different was punch small hearts for the wheels.  I used the stamp -Thanks So Much - from the Tiny Label stamp set for the sentiment by the handle.  Having made the Xmas trees last year, I was used to the folding, etc.  One nice thing about her directions was when cutting the paper she gave directions to make eight carriages which certainly made the process go faster.  The only thing that gave me trouble was the wheels.  She suggested cutting the paper larger if you had a problem inserting the kisses, but when I did the candy kiss fell out.  So I had to struggle putting in the candy kisses.  One thing I found out is that the candy kisses may look the same size, but they are not!  If one is too big try another one!  The one advantage was if the paper ripped I got to eat the candy!!!
 
I was really happy how they turned out.  I didn't realize she had a lot of other items made with the candy kisses.  When I have more time, I'll have to revisit her blog.  Well, I have some more to make so I had better get going.  Have a great weekend!
 
Thanks for stopping bye,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah
 

4 comments:

Denise said...

Nancy, These are soooo cute! And perfect for your daughter's baby shower.

Denise M

Leslie Miller said...

They're fabulous and so cute! They're going to be a real conversation piece at the shower, I'm sure!

Anonymous said...

Such an adorable party favor!! Do you have directions or a tutorial on how to make them?

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comment. If you lookup in the beginning of my post you will see a link to Brenda Quintana's blog with instructions on how to make these adorable favors. I hope this helps!