Saturday, September 7, 2013

Happy Grandparents Day!!

On April 30, 2000 my dream came true - my first grandchild was born!  It seemed like I had waited all my life to become a Grandmother.  As the saying goes.....when a child is born so is a Grandmother.  Fortunately, I had retired by then and I had lots of time to spend with Rachel and then Sarah when she was born 2 years later.  I read somewhere that Grandparents become the kids best buddies - perhaps it is because we have already entered our second childhood!  We become their playmates, as well as their protectors - the generation gap is never an obstacle.  We are never to busy too babysit, have a tea party or just sit and listen to them or watch a movie with a bag of popcorn.  Some of the best moments in our lives have been spent with Rachel and Sarah, and we will forever be thankful for all the times and opportunities we had to spend with them.  My husband got to enjoy so many things in their lives that he had missed out on with our kids, as he was too busy working and providing for us - seeing them with Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, picking them up from the school bus and watching them perform at a school function. Things that most people take for granted in their busy lives are a privilege for Grandparents.

The girls have definitely enriched our lives, and we hope that we have done the same for them.  We are so blessed to have another little one on the way and look forward to doing all those special things with her as well. 

I want to take this time to wish everyone out there a special Grandparents Day!  I hope you create lots of memories today!  Someone once shared a quote which I love - Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of their little ones!  We are so blessed to have had that opportunity.

Thanks for stopping bye,
Nancy

No comments: