Friday, September 6, 2013

Butterfly Foil Card

I have another card for you today that I made while stamping last week at my friend Denise's house.  This really came together so quick and easy.  Sorry for the quality of the picture, but I guess the foil didn't like the light.


Recipe -

Stamps - Best of Butterflies, En Francais - SU
Ink - Stazon, Smoky Grey - SU
Paper - Whisper White, Black, Silver Foil - SU
Embellishments - Ribbon, Black Candy Dots, Pearls - SU

This is an A2 size card with the fold on the top.  I stamped the background stamp on whisper white a little over half way.  Then I glued down my ribbon to form a separation.  The black paper is 3" x 3" and the silver foil is 2 3/4" x 2 3/4".  I then stamped my butterfly on the silver foil and set it aside to dry.  It takes a little longer than normal drying time on the foil.  Then stamp an additional butterfly on another piece of silver foil.  When thoroughly dry cut it out.   Using dimensionals, place the cut butterfly on top of the butterfly you stamped out on the other silver foil adjusting its wings so it looks like it is flying.  Pop this up with dimensionals in the center of your card and finish it off with a pearl.  I added black candy dots on the bottom.  This is the first time I have used these dots and really like them.

Well, the girls have a short week which makes them happy and the weather is beautiful.  I'm in the midst of making my daughter's invitations for her baby shower, so things are pretty hectic around here.  My stamp room looks like a tornado hit it!!  Hope you have a great weekend!

Thanks for stopping bye,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah

1 comment:

laurie said...


Your card is awesome, very stunning!