Thursday, March 14, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Card

I always feel that St. Patrick's Day is somewhat a forgotten holiday.  Stuck inbetween Valentine's Day and Easter it can get neglected!  We love this holiday and go all out to celebrate it.  Here is one of the cards I made to send to friends and family.  I saw this done on several blogs and love how it looked.




Supplies:

Stamps - Teeny Tiny Wishes, Happy St. Patrick's - SU
Paper - Old Olive, Whisper White, DSP - SU
Ink - Old Olive - SU
Accessories - Full Heart, Large Oval and Scallop Punch - SU, Gem

The card is an A2 size - 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" in Old Olive.  The layer is 4" x 5 1/4" in Whisper White.  I punched out 3 hearts in Old Olive and 3 hearts in the DSP of your choice.  I adhered the 3 hearts in Old Olive to my layer to form my shamrock.  I then cut a small stem by hand and adhered it to the center of the shamrock leading down to where my sentiment will be.  I scored the 3 DSP hearts in half and adhered them down over the other hearts just in the fold so they would give a 3D look which I think made this card.  Then I stamped my sentiment and punched it out and placed it on the scalloped punch.  I then popped it up on the bottom of my card hiding the end of the stem.

It was so windy here today!  We have a busy weekend.  The family is celebrating Sarah's birthday Sat.  Hard to believe she will be 11 years old.  Then on Sunday we are all going to a St. Patrick's Day Brunch with green eggs and ham!  Gotta love it!  Hope you all have a great weekend whatever your plans are and a wonderful St, Patrick's Day!

Thanks for stopping bye,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah

No comments: