Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Rainbow Card

I can't believe that I'm finally posting again!  It has been an interesting few weeks.  My old reliable PC died on me suddenly!  It was fine in the AM and when I went to post this card later in the day - NOTHING!!  I really didn't want to give my PC up but didn't want to spend a lot of money on repairing it as it is pretty old.  Since Joe had been looking for something for my birthday, he talked me into going to look at PC's.  Long story short we purchased one and I'm up and running - I think!  Between getting used to the new PC and the newer version of blogger, it has been interesting!  I think the older one gets we do not like change!! 

To get back to my card, it is one I had made for Jennifer.  I saw this over at Jennifer McGuire's blog - Inside Out Cards - and fell in love with this stamp set from Hero's Arts - May Monthly Kit.  Really is was the sentiment - You Make Today Better!  I thought it was so perfect to send to so many people on different occasions.


I didn't have the circle dies she used, so I used my Spellbinders dies instead.  I just love how these cloud dies create such a great scene.


This is the inside of the card.  I have to agree with her as well about the cute little birds.  I wanted to put so many more of them on the card!  I really like how this card came out.  Simple and basic but right to the point!

Hope everyone is doing OK.  I needed a new pair of shoes, so we decided to venture out to the small mall by us.  It had reopened a few weeks ago.  What I thought was going to be a nice outing turned into a disaster!  We always park in the back of the mall as they have a spot for me to ride my scooter into the doors.  All those doors had large sides on - Exit Only!!  So we parked and watched so many people go in and out, so we did the same.  Everyone had masks on which was good.  Went I went to look at the shoes you had to first put these throw away gloves on before you could touch any.  I found one that I liked and decided to take it home to try on.  In front of the cash register they had installed a piece of plexiglass.  The girl asked me to wait while she cleaned the area after she finished with the lady in front of me.  OK.  She then ran my purchase up and gave me a pen to use to sign the receipt.  Not to be a trouble-maker, I had to ask her if she cleaned the pen as well.  Of course, she didn't which was fine, but why go to all this trouble with gloves, throwing them in a protected area, masks, cleaning the counter and handing me a dirty pen?  We then went out the store into the mall while looking at all the signs telling you which way to walk which no one was following.  They had removed all the tables and benches and most of the stores were closed - probably never to reopen again.  We met my daughter and Jennifer at the pizza place we like in the mall for lunch.  They had only a few tables, but the guy recognized us and set a table up for us in the back marked handicapped.  The best thing of the day was we had our favorite pizza again.  Poor Jennifer asked if she had to eat with her mask on, and was pleased she didn't have to.  On the way out she got so upset because she was afraid she would walk to close to people sitting at a table and get the virus!!  Personally, I think this has gotten way out of control.  I don't think we will visit the mall for awhile.  It is a shame, as it is a very tiny mall, and I wonder if it will survive.  I hope so! 

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy





4 comments:

TLady said...

Nancy, your card is ADORABLE! I LOVE the sentiment too, the clouds, birds & rainbow! SO CREATIVE in the trifold fold too!

I DO know what you mean about the stores! We went out to Hobby Lobby, & my husband was taking care of the material for me as I looked for something else. There was a line at the cutting desk & vinyl had been placed between you & the lady behind the desk. BUT it was only a small piece. My husband stuck his head around the vinyl to talk to the lady & tell her how much material we wanted, & she scolded him. AND IMMEDIATELY, she asked the man behind my husband if he had a question. He walked RIGHT UP TO HER, FACE TO FACE, (the side without the vinyl) WITHOUT A MASK & asked his question. NO PROBLEMS for her with that! TOTALLY WEIRD!!! IT'S CRAZY!!!

AND BIG INKY HUGS for your SWEET VISIT!!!I ALWAYS enjoy hearing from my followers! ;)<3

Denise said...

Love your card! So cute. Jennifer will love it.

dellgirl said...

Nancy, the card is beautiful, as usual. That rainbow just jumped out and grabbed me, pulled me right in. I love it! Jennifer is going to love it even more since she can touch it and hold it close to her heart.

Wishing you all the best! Stay Safe, dear friend!

Leslie Miller said...

Sorry about your pc, but nice to have a new one that will hopefully last a while. LOVE your card! I have a similar cloud die which I've hardly used. So cheerful! I think the thing that's out of control is how non-compliant people are with all the safety measures that are put in place. If we all cooperated from the get go we'd be done with this a lot faster.