Monday, July 20, 2020

Birthday Card

Saturday was my daughter's birthday, so I was trying to decide what card I would make her.  I wanted it to be special as we celebrated not only  her birthday but her College Graduation for her BSN degree, as well as Sarah's Graduation from High School.  Unfortunately, it was a virtual graduation for her which was prerecorded.  They hope to have a real graduation in Sept.  We will see what happens.

She loves to feed the birds and has lots of bird feeders in her yard, so I chose to use the Tweet Cherry Blossoms Collection from Heartfelt Collections.  This is such an adorable collection.


My card base was 6"x 6".  My panels for the front and inside were DSP from the same collection.  I used their Leafy Border die to frame the card and then added two more layers which I distressed.  I then stamped, colored and die cut the rest of the images and made some of the smaller flowers in the collection.  I love the cute little birds.  For the sentiment, I used their stamp set Celebrate Love Sentiments.  Just to create some excitement, I put a wind-up butterfly in the card.  When she opened the card up the the butterfly flew out.  I found them on the web.  They come in so many different colors and are so cute! I put one in Jennifer's card this week as well,

Here is a picture of Margaret and Sarah.  We were going to be outside but it was so hot that we moved the party inside.


I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy






8 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, your card is just wonderful and it sounds perfect for your daughter! I love how you distressed the center panels. I haven't done that in ages, but have always loved the look of it. Those Heartfelt stamps and dies are amazing and I'm so glad they won you over. You're so good with them! Your daughter and granddaughter are both so cute.

mamawcindy said...

Nancy, Your card Is GORGEOUS!!! Love It so much. I love anything with birds. Are the birds a stamp? I'm sure your daughter loved her card. Our hometown school just had graduation. I had two great nieces that graduated. They all had purple lawn chairs and sit far apart at the football field. They shared it live on youtube for everyone to watch.
I do want to say that I think you should be entering your cards in some challenges. You make wonderful cards. Let me know about the birds. I love them. Happy day to you!
cindys-greencricut

dellgirl said...

Nancy, your birthday card is absolutely beautiful, as usual. You always create the most amazing designs. I love, love, love this card. Your special daughter is beautiful and blessed.

Stay Safe, dear friend . . . Wishing you all the best!

TLady said...

This is SO SWEET with those cute little birds! We are bird lovers too! I'm SURE your daughter LOVED her card! And I LOVE how you draped the flowers on opposite corners & the leafy die you used too! WONDERFULLY DONE!!!! AND THANK YOU for your SWEET VISIT & for your prayers! HUGS DEAR LADY!!! ;)<3

RaeAbigael said...

so sweet! happy birthday! :)

Tanza Erlambang said...

happy birthday and congratulation for graduation with BSN degree.....great achievement.

Yes, very hot to go outside in recent days.....take care.

The Liberty Belle said...

Such a special card! Congratulations to the graduates.

dellgirl said...

Just saying hi, stopping back in to let you know I was thinking of you. I hope you had a nice week. Wishing you a wonderful weekend! Stay Safe, my friend!