Monday, July 13, 2020

One Wild Ride Birthday Card

I have a lot of birthdays in July and August, so I started making some cards over the weekend.  I needed a masculine card and decided to use SU's stamp set - One Wild Ride.  I have used it in the past and the guys seem to really like it.


This was a quick and simple card which is what I needed.  I used Basic Black CS for my card base and my first layer in Real Red was cut 1/4" smaller layered with 1/8" smaller CS of Very vanilla.  I used Crumb Cake ink for the tire tracks and stamped the image, dust and sentiment in Basic Black.


For my inside sentiment, I used an old $ stamp from Michael's and cut some DSP for the trim.  For a quick card, I think it turned out pretty good.  It has been really hot here.  It seems like we complain about the snow and cold and then the heat.  It looks like most of the country is hot and humid.  As a Jersey girls spending most of my summers at the shore, I miss the ocean breeze!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy


4 comments:

TLady said...

WHAT A FUN CARD!!!! Yes, the guys DO LOVE their motor cycles! LOL Like we love our art stuff???? YES!! ;) It is HOT HERE TOO!!! HUMID & HOT!!! Wearing a mask when going out about makes you pass out with the heat & humidity now! Even to the grocery! Last time I went out & wore my mask, my face was all red! NO FUN!!! STAY COOL!!! AND BIG INKY HUGS for your SWEET VISIT, FRIEND!!! ;) <3

Tanza Erlambang said...

Happy birthday to who celebrates in July and August....
love the motorbike...yes, masculine....

Have a wonderful summer

dellgirl said...

This One Wild Ride Birthday Card is so cool, Nancy. It's perfect and the guys are really going to love it. I know I do. You did a great job, as usual. Thanks for sharing this inspiration.

Wishing you a wonderful and Safe Weekend, dear friend!

Leslie Miller said...

A great card for a guy! It's been a while since I used my Power Poppy motorcycle set, but I don't know how many times I pulled that out for guy cards. It's a lot of fun to work with, and I imagine this set is the same.