Thursday, August 2, 2018

Joe's Birthday Card

I had a special birthday card to make this week! Joe's birthday is Sunday and he will be 80!!  He is looking at me and saying what!!  I tell him it is only a number!  So he tells me he will remember that when it is my turn!  LOL!!  We are all going out to eat at a special restaurant in NJ that he likes, so before things get too hectic I got busy and made him a card.  For my base card, I used one of my favorite colors - Pacific Point.  I only had one layer on this card of Whisper White.  I used one of my favorite stamp set - # of Years and decorated the front using Grapefruit Grove and Pear Pizazz inks.



Then I used my Happy Birthday Thinlets set and # of Years with the Pacific Point CS.  I ended up cutting the Happy Birthday apart and inserting the numbers in between.   I really liked how it turned out.


I used the same stamp set to decorate the inside and the sentiment.  I really couldn't make up my mind what card I wanted to make him but I'm happy with my decision.  Our weather here is still being crazy with heat and rain but Sunday it is suppose to be nice, so I will keep my fingers crossed.  Have a great weekend.

I entered this post at CardzTV Anything Goes Challenge #59 and Crafty Creations Challenge #371 - Anthing Goes.


Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy


3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Yes, it's only a number, but it sure sneaks up on you. We all just keep on keeping on. Your card is perfect. Pacific Point is such a beautiful blue, and I really love the sentiment inside.

Kelley said...

What a lovely card and sentiment! Thanks for sharing with Crafty Creations Challenges!

PJ said...

What a wonderful card for Joe. I hope he had a lovely birthday celebration. I remember seeing a few pictures on fb, and it looks like he did ☺ Gosh You two are so sweet. I'm encouraged by your strength and love for each other. Lovely card my friend.