Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Decorated School Notebooks

I have such a great project for you today!  I decided to decorate larger notebooks for the kids.  There are a lot of videos on youtube with different ideas on how to decorate these notebooks.  In the past, I used adhesive to cover them but decided to use Mod Podge instead.  It worked out so well.  I covered the back of the book with the Mod Podge first and then centered a piece of DSP over it and just smoothed it down.  Once it had dried, I used my exacto knife and just cut around the edges.   I then turned it over and did the same thing to the front of the book and put the decorations on.  I let it dry and gave it another coat to make sure they were covered well.  I used my butterfly dies on this book using matching CS.


For this notebook I used my heart dies.


Rachel asked if I could decorate hers with some stamps.  She liked the Lotus Blossom stamp set, so I stamped them on Whisper White and then cut them out with my stitched circle dies.



Another one I used was the  Best of Flowers stamp set.


Here is a picture of the back of the notebook.


For the front covers, I did three coats of Mod Podge.  I used to use washi tape to cover the spine but decided to just leave them alone.  This was such an easy method to cover these notebooks, and I think they will hold up much better with the Mod Podge.  Our schools started this week, and Jennifer starts Kindergarten next week!  Can't believe that!  All the buses are back on the road as well, so we will have to time out outings again!  Have a great week!

I entered this post at CardzTV Anything Goes Challenge #62.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy


2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Prettier than anything you can buy and a nice way to use designer paper. It's nice that Rachel specifically asked for the lotus blossoms. The Mod Podge should be very durable and the decorations lay flat enough to not get caught up on things. Great little back to school gifts!

PJ said...

Oh gosh, I'm a bit intimidated with mod podge, but these are awesome, and I imagine durable too. So you mod podge it first then stick down the paper? then let it dry before going to add a top coat? I should look it up on youtube. I think it's fabulous. I can't believe little Jennifer will be starting Kindergarten. Wow.