Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Spiral Notebook Cover

It's hard to believe but school is starting next week and it's time to get all the supplies ready.  I am in the midst of covering different sizes of notebooks.  Today's post is for the small spiral notebook.  I saw this quick and easy VIDEO over at Simplysimplestamping and decided to try it out.  It was so easy to make.  Here are three different ones that I made so far.


This is a great way to use up your scraps as well. 


I had some of these notebooks left in my stash from last year.  I love the idea of making a template for the spiral.  And it is true that the front is different that the back.  So make sure you use a different template for each side.


I used CS for the back and my green glue to adhere them together.





I used a nail file to round the corners.


I had some extra monkey DSP which I know Rachel will like.


I covered the back with Chocolate Chip CS.


I didn't decorate the front too much as I know they will be stuffed in backpacks, so I decided to tie some twine on the top.  Now on to the larger notebooks. 

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy




2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Much cuter than your average notebook! You're wise to keep the decoration to a minimum. I would do the same. Used to make a lot of notebooks like this. The twine is just enough!

PJ said...

OH my Gosh.. i LOVE these. Thank you so much for sharing the link. I will for sure be trying this out today hopefully. I love the twine on the top. What a neat way to add a little something extra special. Thank you Nancy.