Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Wreath Building Cards

The other week I saw this video from Jennifer McGuire all about her new Wreath Building Bundle.  I thought is was so great that I decided to buy it and try it out.  It comes with stamps and 2 templates to use on a stamp positioning tool.  You can actually make the templates from CS in different sizes so you don't have to purchase the templates if you don't want to.  If you want to make your own, check out how the Paper Pixie made hers.

I have to say it looked pretty easy on the video, but it did take a few tries to get it right.  My first attempt looked like this.


I didn't position the leaves right, so I didn't have enough room in the center for a sentiment.  I also found taping my template down helped a lot, and after I finished one rotation before I started the next stamp I positioned my square CS so it looked like a square again.  I think that helped in getting the next flower/leaves in a better position.  I made two cards with different sentiments from the Thankful Banners stamp set.


I used Sweet Sugarplum CS for my base card measuring 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" and scored it at 4 1/4".  I used Whisper White CS 4" x 4" for my layer.  For my colors I used Sweet Sugarplum, Pretty N'Pink, Blushing Bride, Old Olive and Pear Pizazz.


I left the inside of the Thank You card blank so I could write on it but stamped a birthday greeting on the inside of the Celebrate card from the same stamp set bundle.


I then decided to make envelopes for them out of the Sweet Sugarplum CS with my envelope punch board.  I used one of  the stamps in the bundle to decorate the back of the envelopes.  Jennifer also used Fun Foam to mount her card.  I never tried that before, but since I had some left from the girls crafts I tried it and liked how it turned out.  You could simply adher it down or use dimensionals.  I am definitely going to try some more stamp sets using this technique.



We had a busy weekend celebrating Joe's birthday.  Way too much heat and rain here in PA.  A lot of flooding in the area.  Hope everyone had a great weekend.

I entered this card over at CardzTv Challenge #60 - Anthing Goes. and Always Happy Birthday Challenge - Anything Goes.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy



3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, pretty! You persevered with your trial and error and came up with three beauties. I don't see anything so wrong with the first one. You could die cut a circle sentiment and it would be a lovely background design. Love the colors you chose. I've had the Gina K Wreath Builder Set bookmarked for quite a while and have been undecided. Love what I've seen. Also love the matching envelope. I always have to make envelopes for my 5x5 cards, but it's so quick with the envelope maker. Heat and rain... what a combo! We could use the rain to put out some of these fires.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at AHB, good luck!!! Amy DT

PJ said...

Wow.. This is stunning, it looks like it could be complicated to create, but you did an amazing job with it.