Monday, July 30, 2018

Happy Birthday Eclipse Card

Today I have another birthday card I made.  I am in love with eclipse cards and saw this on Pinterest and decided to try it.  It is a larger size card than I usually make, but I wanted more room for my letters.  My base card I used Thick Whisper White CS cut at 9" x 6 1/4" and scored at 4 1/2".  I won't tell you how long it took me to figure this size out but I made it!!  Years ago I had purchase this DSP with pansies all over it, and I still have some sheets left so I decided to use it for this card. 


I used my Large Letters dies from SU to cut out the word Happy and also some thick cardboard to mount them on so they would stand out more.  I used the foam adhesive strips to mount them on the CS.  I love these, they do such a great job!  I then cut some strips of my pansy DSP and mounted then on strips of Daffodil Delight CS leaving a 1/8" border.  My Birthday sentiment was from the # of Years Stamp set by SU.  I actually had some yellow enamel dots that adhered on the front as well.  It's amazing how sometimes things can actually come together.


My inside was done in Daffodil Delight CS using the Better Together stamp set by SU for the sentiment.  I fussy cut one of the pansies and added it to my inside to dress it up a bit.  Today my daughter and her finance are picking up their RV that they just purchased, so everyone is all excited.  Everyone has lots of ideas where they want to go, so this should be interesting!  Hope everyone has a great week!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Well, I'm back from another vacation and slowly catching up. It's exciting that your daughter and her fiance have gotten an RV. We traded up to a motorhome and love it even more than the trailer. A vacation every month is our goal, but it sure does take some time -- getting ready, being away, then catching up after. Very fun and extremely relaxing, though. All this catching up with my blog friends gives me the urge to go play in my room. This is so pretty with the pansy paper and big letters!

PJ said...

Such a bright cheery card, reminds me of Hawaii ☺ I love how you included the pansy on the inside.