Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Christmas in July

Well, I can't believe it but I created a Christmas Card - no two - today!!  This is a major accomplishment for me.  I rarely make Christmas cards, and if I do it is usually last minute for family and close friends!  I really don't know why, but I'm not usually into Christmas cards.  I make a lot of gifts for the Wellness Center, Jennifer and her friends but not cards.  I saw this card on Pinterest and I really liked it.  I said to myself - self, I think you have that stamp set and I did. Then I looked at the date and it was July 25th,  so it is definitely Christmas in July!!


I used Black CS for my base and Real Red CS for my first layer.  My second layer is Merry Music Specialty DP.  I stamped my trees from SU's Season Like Xmas stamp set using Old Olive for my first tree stamp, Pear Pizazz my second stamp and Real Red for the third stamp.


I made a banner for my sentiment from the Snow Place stamp set from SU which I popped up with dimensionals.  Then I attached a Mini Jingle Bell to each ribbon before I adhered them to the card.


For my inside sentiment. I used the Season Like Xmas stamp set and added a few little stars from the same set.  So I now have "2" Christmas cards in my stash!  YaY!!  We have had so much rain this week that even Hershey Park has been underwater and closed!  I hate to see how tall the grass will be when Joe gets to mow!  Hope you enjoyed this cute Christmas card.  It came together pretty quick!

I entered this post at CardzTV Anthing Goes Challenge #58. and Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #303 -  Holiday.



Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy




4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

We're opposite -- I make cards, but not gifts. I used to make gifts and cards, both, but something had to give. These two are very pretty! Looks like a nice, simple idea. Love the paper and cute jingle bell.

mamawcindy said...

Oh I think your cards are so pretty. Love them! May have to try this. Thanks for Sharing. Happy Day to you!
cindys-greencricut

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSM, good luck!!! Amy DT

PJ said...

Oh boy I LOVE Christmas cards and you did a super fabulous job. How awesome you made it on the 25th too. I'm love the music sheet behind the tree, I had no idea you could buy DSP like that. My goodness I've always wanted to try something like this but don't have the courage to rip a hymn or music book apart. Now I must search for music DSP ☺ Such a Beautiful card Nancy.