Thursday, May 3, 2018

Mother's Day Card

Well, have you started making some cards for Mother's Day yet?  I saw this card at Debbie's Designs and thought I would try it.  I liked how she made the cone for the flowers.  I actually was able to use up some of my DSP scraps which is always a plus.  Of course I didn't have the stamps she used, so I just looked around my stash and substituted with what I had.


The measurements are:

Base card - 11 x 4 1/4 scored at 5 1/2 ( I used Crumb Cake)
DSP - 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 and 3 x 3 (scraps)
Yellow CS - 4 1/4 x 1 1/2 (I used Daffodil Delight)
Whisper White - 4 x 3/4
Old Olive - 2 1/4 x 1/2


For my inks I used Crushed Curry, Tempting Turquoise, and Daffodil Delight.  My stamp/dies were Oh So Succulent, Perennial Birthday and Blooming Love.  I was surprised how quick it came together.  She had a great tip on her video about marking your scoreboard on the 6" mark to make it easier to score your 3 x 3 piece to make the cone.  I had some extra flowers, so I used them on the inside.


I really liked how it turned out.  Each one will be different depending on the colors and stamps/dies you use.  Give it a try!

I entered this card in the Always Fun Challenge #56 - Flowers.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

How sweet and pretty these are! I won't need any Mother's Day cards, but this idea would be fabulous for many occasions. The sentiment inside is very versatile. I love the design and colors and those little "hello" tags. So darling!

Jackie T said...

Hi this is such a pretty card. Thank you for joining us at Always Fun Challenges for Challenge 56 with the theme Flowers. Hugs Jackie (DT)

PJ said...

Oh BOY.. is this a lovely bouquet of flowers. I'm so excited to give this a try, thank you for always sharing a link to follow. ♥