Sunday, April 29, 2018

50th Birthday Card

Hope everyone is having a wonderful, relaxing Sunday!  Before attempting to do more yard work, I thought I would post the card I made for my daughter who is turning 50 this week!!  Does this mean I can't be 29 anymore??  My baby is going to be 50 years old - can it be!!  We love the same colors, so I made her card in Sweet Sugarplum CS.  I was so upset to hear that SU is retiring this color so I stocked up!


The stamp sets I used were Cool Treats, # of Years, Oh So Succulent and Perennial Birthday.  I used Whisper White for my layer and glimmer paper for my numbers.  I always die cute the numbers in card board as well and mount the glimmer paper on them so they are more sturdy.  I popped these up so they would stand out.  I even have the ribbon for this color as I love it so much!  Here is the inside that I stamped.



I have so many birthdays coming up the next few months.  I'm anxious to see SU's new stamp sets in their new catalog.  I loved all their old ones - especially Cool Treats!  Have a great week!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

I am submitting this card to CardzTV Anything Goes Challenge #45.

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Awesome glittery numbers! Wow! Hard to believe your baby will be 50. Ours just turned 43 in April and it stuns me. I still feel too young to be so old, tee hee! This is a pretty color, for sure. I have a few colors I stocked up on before they retired. They keep making new and I had to quit buying because I have way too much card stock. It's wonderful fun to have all that matching stuff!

PJ said...

Oh my gosh this is a beautiful card. I'm sure your daughter loved it. I especially like how clever you are with making the numbers extra sturdy.. that's a great idea. I learn so much from your techniques. ♥