Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Rachel's Birthday Card

I hope everyone had a great weekend.  It was so great being outside in the sun!  My daughter and her fiancee came over and helped Joe take down the first of many trees destroyed by the storms.  I finally got back into the craft room yesterday and finished the birthday card I had started to make for Rachel.  It is hard to believe that she is turning 18!  I love SU's Party Panda stamp set ,so I decided to use it for her card.  I used SU's Powder Pink CS for the base and the DSP Painted with Love.  I think this DSP is so pretty.


I actually used my stamperatus for the first time in this card.  I placed both pandas and greeting on different plates.  The panda with the birthday hat didn't stamp completely, so I had to restamp it and it came out great.  I then stamp the two extra balloons separately and cut them out and adhered them to the card.  I used Powder Pink ink to color them in, as well as the party hat and sponged the Whisper White layer.  When I was unpacking my lost box, I found these cute stamps from Gelatins.  These were Off to School #'s which I stamped on the balloons.  I had purchased these years ago when I was making the girls cards to help with their math.  I'm going to have to find that project for Jennifer soon.

For the inside sentiment, I used Perennial  Birthday stamp set and stamped and cut out the other Panda in the set.


I really liked how this card turned out!  I hope Rachel does too!  On Saturday, Jennifer and her Mom came for the day and we had a great time outside riding her ATV.  She came in so proud to give me this cute pot of violets.



Every time she went around the yard, she would stop and pick some of my flowers and bring them in.  Spring is finally here - thank goodness!  Here are some of my hyacinths she picked.


Unfortunately, it is suppose to rain tomorrow, so I may get some more time crafting.  I started to make my daughters something for Mother's Day which I have to finish, as well as my daughter's birthday is coming soon.  Hope everyone has a great week!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

I entered this card at CardzTV Anything Goes Challenge - #44.


3 comments:

PJ said...

This is a great card. I love how you put the numbers in the balloons. Your granddaughter will love it. I didn't order the stamparatus *yet. I think I might do it this summer. DO you like it? The flowers are beautiful that Jennifer picked for you.

mamawcindy said...

Your Card Is so Cute! I never did get that cute panda stamp set. But my sister has It so at least I can use hers If I want. Love pansies. I used to have my whole kitchen decorated In them.
I am know following your blog. Come and visit me sometime.
cindys-greencricut

Leslie Miller said...

Those pandas are so cute, and what fun, pretty paper! Gosh, those numbers would come in handy. Clever name for the new stamp positioner. I'm still using my old Stamp-a-ma-jig. We're having rain again after our nice stretch of sunshine. Still pretty outside, though. It's so nice to see the flowers blooming, isn't it? I sure love the vase your hyacinths are in. So cute!