Monday, May 7, 2018

Curtain Fold Mother's Day Card

I thought I had 2 more weeks until Mother's Day - I guess I was wrong!  We all went away this weekend to the Amish Country to celebrate my daughters 50th birthday, and we had a great time!  The kids had a ball in the pool!  We had great weather.  It was so nice to be outside without a coat!  When I was asked what I wanted to do for Mother's Day, I said Oh, we have time and everyone laughed!  After catching up with the laundry today, I decided I had better make some more cards.  I had seen this video on - Barbstamps.com - and decided to make some for Mother's Day.  I had made this type awhile ago, but I really liked how she made hers.  Here is my take on the card.


She used the upcoming Share What you Love Bundle, but I actually continued my hunt for scraps to use and succeeded in getting some the right size.  I used Old Olive for my base CS and found a perfect match for my ribbon.


That's what I love when you CASE something, you can make it your own with the stash you have on hand.  Instead of white, I used some of my small metallic foil doilies.  I didn't have the tri punch she used, so I substituted some little hearts that have been hanging around for awhile.  Here is the inside of my cards.


I used the Perennial Birthday stamp again for the sentiment.  These came together really quick which is what I needed.  I'm so use to making a portrait size card, I stamped the sentiment the wrong way.  I had cleaned and put everything away when I realized what I did, so everything was dragged out again to stamp it in landscape.  Here is another great card to make with scraps.  Well, I have to go out these in the mail.  Have a great week!

I entered this post at CardzTV Challenge - Anthing Goes #46. and Addicted to Stamps & More - Anything Goes Challenge #291.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

These are very pretty! I love the fold, so perfect for DSP. It sure is fun to play with paper. I've done that several times with the inside sentiment -- stamped it the wrong way. Your touch of gold and the ribbon color are just perfect. Enjoy your Mother's Day... coming soon!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

What a lovely Mother's Day card. The fold and details are gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at ATSM!

PJ said...

What an awesome fold, and the colors you chose are fabulous. So springy for Mother's day.