Thursday, May 17, 2018

Kids Coloring Cards

Wait until you see the cute project I have today.  My friend - Denise - brought this to my attention.  She originally saw it on Pinterest.  I thought it would be so cute for Jennifer and her friends.  I fell in love with the Magical Day stamp set and paper and thought this project was perfect. This card could be used for so many different occasions.  To color in the car on a long trip, on vacation, birthday wishes, to send to a little one who is sick, etc.  Here is a picture of two I had left. 


Check out the video from - Tammy Beard.  I really loved how these turned out.  On this one I used some narrow washi tape.  I wouldn't use this size again as it was too thin.  I ended up having to glue it in place.


I also felt that tying it together with twine would not hold up well, especially with little fingers.  So I used some colored hair ties that I had on hand and they worked great.  On this one, I used some wider washi tape and it worked fine.


I also changed up the inside of my card.  I decided to fussy cut some of the mermaids and add them to the sentiment.



The other thing that I did was add some extra coloring sheets in back of the crayons.  Thanks Denise for stamping them for me.


What is nice is that you can always stamp some more pictures and replace them in the card.  Jennifer's came in handy when we were in Lancaster the other weekend.  Big day here tomorrow as Rachel is going to her boyfriend's prom.  Hopefully, the rain won't be too bad.  Have a great weekend!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my GOSH, what a cute, cute project! Fun, fun! I'm just smiling all over myself. What a darling gift! Thanks for the link which I'm going to bookmark, thinking it might be a sweet little gift for one of the little girls next door. Adorable!

PJ said...

I love this idea having the crayons tucked right in the card, and the extra sheets for coloring is ideal for variety. Another one I will be trying. You sure do keep me busy with all these ideas. ♥