Thursday, March 22, 2018

Sarah's Birthday Card

Well, we survived the latest snowstorm without losing power and no more lost trees - Yay!!  We were lucky - we got only 8" and surrounding areas got at least one foot!!  One good thing about Spring snowstorms is that the temps go up and everything melts quick.  I took advantage of some free time and made a birthday card for Sarah.  It's hard to believe that she will be 16 this weekend.  I love the stamp set Number of Years which is what I used on her card.


I used Watermelon Wonder for the base case and put 3 panels of SDP on the front each measuring 1 1/4" x 5 1/4".  Great way to use up some scraps.  I used Watermelon Wonder, Soft Sky and Gold Glimmer paper for my balloons using my punch.  I also cut out some card board and backed my numbers so they would stand out more since I didn't have to put the card in the mail.  I used some twine to tie them all togther.  I love the sentiment that is included in this stamp set.


Sarah likes all the glitter and glimmer paper, so I hope she likes her card.  I remember many times we would be vacuuming the craft room after one of our crafting days!!  The Craft Show is coming to Allentown in 2 weeks and I can hardly wait to go.  Stamps by Judith will be there and I love her stamps.  This is one that I purchased a few years ago.  I love putting it on the envelopes.


Well, back to my Easter preparations.  We are all dying eggs this weekend, so I had better go hard boil some!!  Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

I'm entering this card in the CardzTV Anthing Goes Challenge #40. and Always Happy Birthday Challenge.


4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Sweet sixteen! I know she's going to love her card. The glitter and the stripes and the whole design are great! I envy you getting to go to a craft show. We don't even have a craft store in town anymore. Glad your snow storm didn't wreak any extra havoc. You've had enough!

Billie A said...

Fun cute birthday card. Perfect for that special teen. So glad you shared over at Always Happy Birthday.

Billie A
Always Happy Birthday
Catch The Bug
Inspiration Destination
Creative With Stamps
Aud Sentiments
The Merry Christmas Challenge
Sunny Day Crafting
Pause Dream Enjoy
Craftaholic R US

Janis Lewis said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Always Happy Birthday.
Janis
Pause Dream Enjoy

PJ said...

This card is perfectly sparkly for a sweet 16 birthday.. How lovely. I know I get glitter everywhere too. I've not ever heard of stamps by Judith. I will have to google this and see. I hope the craft show was a great time.