Sunday, March 11, 2018

Birthday Card

Well, it was so nice here today in the 40's and with the time change it is still light outside!  I'm ready for this!!  We got through the last snow fall relatively easy - no power outages and only a few inches of snow!  We are scheduled for another Nor'eastern tomorrow night into Tuesday, so we will see what happens.  We have been doing our taxes all weekend, but I managed to get a birthday card done that I needed.  I saw a card like this on Pinterest and fell in love with it.  I always make some type of music card for my friend's birthday, as she is an accomplished pianist.


I used Thick Whisper White for the base and then Real Red for the next layer.  The sheet music stamp is from Impression Obsession.  I mounted it on a layer of Black and then tied some red trim on the 3 layers and adhered them to the base card.  The other stamp sets I used were Blooming Beautiful, Birthday Delivery and Oh So Succulent.  I actually fussy cut the stem and flower out - I surprised myself!!  Here is the inside sentiment.


Yesterday, we spent some time with Jennifer.  She always expects me to come up with a project to do, so we made a bird feeder.  I saw this on DIY and it was so much fun!  You can cut out cereal boxes in any shape, but I had some left over heavy cardboard that I used.  They already had a hole punched out, so all I had to do was make a circle in the middle, so I used a roll of washi tape for a pattern and traced it.



The hardest part was cutting it out.  I had to go around 2 times but it finally went through.  I then tied some twine for the hanger.  I did this ahead of time, so then all we had to do it spread on the peanut butter!


Then we dipped it into some bird seed and turned it over and did the same thing to the other side.


I was really surprised how cute they turned out.  We made three of them.  My daughter loves to feed the birds, so I knew there were be plenty of them waiting to eat!


This is a great project for little fingers!  My daughter hung them outside this AM and it didn't long for someone to stop by for a breakfast!


Jennifer facetimed me tonight and wanted to know if foxes liked peanut butter?  I asked why?  I guess while they were eating dinner a red fox when through their yard!! Too much snow and not enough to eat I guess!  So that was the fun this weekend.  Hope everyone has a great week.  We are now counting down to Easter.  Joe got the boxes out of the attic today, so I know what I'm going to do tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

I submitted this card to the CardzTV Challenge - Anthing Goes #38.



2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

You did an amazing job fussy cutting the beautiful rose, and the background stamp looks really lovely with it. Super fun project to do with Jennifer! She looks so cute and happy! I imagine foxes would eat peanut butter and peanuts. Dogs certainly would! I thought about you, getting slammed with another nor'easter. Sheesh, enough already!

PJ said...

Oh.. where do I even start? I love this whole blog post. The card is absolutely beautiful, and you did a fabulous job fussy cutting out that flower..The background music is perfect. The sweet picture of your adorable little Granddaughter is just precious, how wonderful to make such a fun project together. I'm going to try this myself, since I too love to feed the birds, I'm thinking my squirrels might pose a problem though.. but no foxes in our yards at least none I've ever noticed.