Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Heartfelt BloomsThinking of You Card

Well, we are so glad to see the blue skies and the sun today.  Right after I posted on Friday, our power went down and we didn't get it back until early Sunday AM.  This whole area looks like a war zone.  Sandy was bad here but not like this storm.  We woke up to 7 pine trees down in the yard.  Everyone around us had trees down and the town was shut down because of debris, etc.  School is still closed - of course the girls are happy about that!  My daughter came and got our food but we still lost a lot - what a mess!  The one good think is that nothing fell on the house.  It is so sad about our trees.  During Sandy we lost 3 trees but no pine ones.  This time is was different.  Where - Oh where - is Spring!!

During the daylight hours, I was able to work on some cards which kept my mind busy.  One of our friends is having surgery next week, so I decided to use the Heartfelt Blooms stamp set by SU.  I'm ashamed to say this was the first time I put some ink on it!!


I used SU's Thick Whisper White for my card base and Tempting Turquoise for my first layer.  I used SU's Island Indigo and Crumb Cake ink for the blooms on regular Whisper White CS.  I raised up my sentiment with dimensionals and decided to dress it up with some satin ribbon.  I didn't have any Tempting Turquoise ink which is why I used Island Indigo.  I think they went together well.  So you never know how they will look until you try!


I will definitely be using this stamp set again, as I loved how the blooms came out.  We are expecting another snowstorm tonight into Wed. and I hope it won't be as bad as this last one.  They said 8-12". Such fun!  Have a great week!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy


2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

There's another SU set I'm completely unfamiliar with, but, ohhhh, so beautiful! Looks like a two step stamp. I love those! The blooms are amazing and I REALLY love these colors together. I thought at first it was designer paper. Very nice! I thought about you when watching the news. I'd seen your comment about losing the pine trees. Right here on the coast, so close to the beach, we have what we call scrub pine. Small, scraggly pine trees. Mostly you wouldn't miss 7 of them. But the larger pine trees are so stately and gorgeous and would be a HUGE loss! I wouldn't want to lose 7 of our firs or hemlocks or cedars. I'm glad you're okay.

PJ said...

I'm so sorry to hear about all the trees down. I'm just thankful you were all safe♥ I love this stamp set and you did and amazing job with scattering the blooms all over the card. I totally understand trying new colors, my son's girlfriend's favorite colors are maroon and teal, so I made a card with those two colors.. and I LOVE it.. I never would have thought to put them together. I hope your friend's surgery went well. I actually have a stampin up set I have inked up yet too.. I must get to that. ☺