Friday, March 30, 2018

Bunny Easter Card

Today's post is a card that I saw on Pinterest which I fell in love with.  I made it for Sarah as she has always loved bunnies - especially her pet rabbit Gilbert!  I changed it up a bit to use what I had in my stash.  In my newly discovered box, I found this adorable rabbit die from Impressive Obsession - 075 and I knew it would perfect for this card.  I am still on a mission to try and use up DSP scraps, and I found just the colors that I wanted to use.


I used Thick Whisper White for my base card with the next layer being Chocolate Brown.  I then added my layer of DSP.  I used my Spellbinders circle dies to cut out a circle on my Powder Pink CS, which I cut a banner on the bottom end.  For my eggs, I used my Creative Times Hello Spring dies and stamps.  I adhered the eggs, rabbit and brads on the CS, made a bow for the rabbit with some twine and used a tiny little pearl for his eye.   Then I glued down my sentiment and before adhering this layer with some dimensionals, I tied a bow around it.  I really liked how it turned out.


I used my favorite sentiment that I had purchased from Michael's years ago.  I'm sure everyone is getting ready for Easter.  It took me 3 hours to load up the eggs for the egg hunt - only 250 of them!!  It takes Joe a while to hide them and minutes for the kids to find them - LOL!!  The weather is suppose to be good - no snow PLEASE!!

Everyone in the Pansy Patch wants to wish you and your families a Wonderful Easter Season!!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

I entered this post at CardzTV Anthing Goes Challenge #41.

My card was selected Favorite of the Week at Splitcoast Stampers!!  Check it out!



2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I like how the banner becomes a frame! This is precious, and the chocolate bunny looks yummy! Have a nice Easter weekend!

PJ said...

Oh this is a delightful card, and that rabbit reminds me of those chocolate rabbits.. I love Sarah's bunny's name. Gilbert. That is cute. OMGOSH.. 250 eggs.. That's a lot of egg hiding. I bet those kiddos had fun♥