Friday, November 17, 2017

Candle Holder

A few weeks ago, I watched a Facebook live with the Cow Whisperers Creative Cards and she showed us this cute holder for these adorable candles she found at the Dollar Store.  Here is the version she put on her blog - Coffee Candle Holder.  She made a cute Christmas holder on her Facebook Page.  I searched all the Dollar stores around here but couldn't find any, but I did fine these cute candles that I thought would be perfect for my daughters.


I used some CS and cut off a 3 1/2" piece off the short side.   On the long side, I scored it a 4" - 6 1/2" - 7 1/2" - 10".  I used some scrap DSP paper for the pieces - cut at 3 1/4" and then turned it and cut at 3 3/4" - 2 1/4" - 3/4".  I used these pieces to decorate the holder. 


Before I glued the one piece to the back I used my 2" circle punch to cut a place for the candle since it was 2".  It was a bit too small, so I just trimmed one side slightly to make the hole big enough for the candle to fit it.  I placed them in a cello bag and tied it together with some cord. 


I used my Labels to Love stamp set and punch and tied that on with some 1/8" ribbon.  I thought they turned out really cute.  I plan on giving them to my daughter's when they come for dinner on Thanksgiving.  I have something else planned for the girls.  Well, it is definitely fall around here.  We even had some snow and more is forecast for this weekend.  We were out looking for a Christmas tree earlier today as ours hit the dust last year after 25 years!  I couldn't believe the prices they are asking.  Maybe we'll get a real one this year. Have a great weekend.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Those candles are so pretty, and what a nice way to package them up for a little gift! I can picture this for all seasons. Thanks for sharing yours and the link!

PJ said...

Oh what a beautiful project Nancy. Those candles and the packaging are ideal. I love the festive fall colors. I am going to have to tell Robb to be extra careful when he brings our tree up from the basement.. we need to hold onto that for as long as possible.. prices are crazy high for trees. You did a great job with the candles.