Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving Fun & Recipe

We had so much fun over the Holiday weekend!  It's hard to believe that the girls are headed back to school today - even with the snow!  Sarah spent most of the weekend with us as Rachel ended up with a cough.  She drew this great picture and wanted to share it.  I loved how it turned out.

 

We made Pop Up Pancakes for breakfast yesterday - their favorite!  It is so quick and easy!

This recipe makes 24 muffins and I usually cut it in half.

1 cup milk
1 cup flour
6 eggs
1/4 cup melted butter
dash of salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease your muffin tins

I like to mix all the ingredients in my blender as it does the best job of getting it smooth.  Pour the mixture into your greased muffin pan(s) and bake for 15 minutes or until puffy and golden on top.  If they were well greased they should pop right out.  The puffiness will die down as they cool and will become more like a cup.  Now is the best part - the toppings!  Believe me we have tried everything on them!  We usually put on some butter, syrup, fruit and of course some whipped cream (which Poppy always has on hand).  I have even put on jelly and peanut butter!  Add some cooked bacon on the side and you're all ready to eat!

Sarah helped me get ready for Xmas - all the decorations are up and we are in count down mode!  I have some projects that I have already made for the teachers that I will be posting soon. 

Rachel is at the Dr.s office this afternoon - hope you feel better soon!

Thanks for stopping bye,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah


No comments: