Thursday, November 8, 2012

Paper Rosette Wreath

I love rosettes!  They can be embellished in alot of ways and used on many types of projects.  I made this fall wreath for my daughter for Thanksgiving and loved how it turned out!  There are alot of videos out there if you have never made rosettes and even a cricut cart which has alot of different rosettes you can create.


For this wreath, I used a basic 10" foam wreath and wrapped it in ribbon before I placed my rosettes.  You can adhere your rosettes to the wreath with hot glue, but I choose to use straight pens.  This method allowed me to re-position the rosettes if I choose to. 

I used three different sized rosettes.  The largest rosette was created using paper strips sized 1.5" x 12", the middle sized rosette was created using paper strips 1.25" x 10" and the smallest rosette was created using paper strips 1" x 8".  Score your strips at 1/4" each and fold the paper into an accordion style fold.  Adhere two strips together to create a continuous ring and then form your rosette.  I made about 36 rosettes but the amount will depend on how big or small your wreath is and how full you want it to be.

After the rosettes were formed, I inked up the edges and adhered some buttons for emblishments.  I then decided to add some ribbon to the bottom for extra decoration.  This is also a good way to use up some of your scraps.  Have a good weekend!

Thanks for stopping bye,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah

No comments: