Monday, October 1, 2012

Witch's Hat & Candy Broom

I just finished putting together another tray for my daughter.  The other week I saw a tutorial from Splitcoast Stampers on a Witch's Hat.  I just had to make it!  I loved how it turned out.  I thought I would have trouble wrapping the DSP around the cone but it worked out fine. Check out their tutorial at http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/.  Here is my version.

 

 In the new SU catalog there is a cute candy broom project.  There are instructions all over the web.  This is what I did.
 
Supplies:
 
2.5" x 5" DSP Paper
1" x 8" Cellophane Bag - SU
String, ribbon or cord as desired
Punches of choice
Sticky Strip, score tape
Twizzler Twists - save some for eating!
 
After you cut your DSP, place a piece of sticky strip about 1/2" down from the top along the length of the 5" side.  Cut strips on the top and bottom of the paper up to the sticky strip.  You don't have to drive yourself nuts - my cuts are about every 1/8".  Insert your twizzler twist in the cellophane bag and seal it.  Take off your sticky strip and place the cellophane bag with the twist seal on the top on the DSP and wrap the paper around the candy.  I used some 1/8" score tape to secure the end.  Then decorate as you wish.  I used some cord and wrapped it around the broom and tied my sentiment on it.  Here's my sample.
 
  

I thought what goes better with a Witch's Hat than some candy brooms, so I combined them together on my platter.  I think it turned out really cute.  As usual, the problem was that I kept eating the twizzler twists and had to go out and get some more!
 
Here's my finished platter.
 
 
Have a great week!
 
Thanks for stopping bye.
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah


 

No comments: