Monday, October 15, 2012

Halloween Treat Baskets

Well, I'm knee deep in Halloween items and this week I'll show you an adorable basket made from toilet paper rolls!  As I mentioned earlier, I'm a saver of everything I think I can use for crafts and I have been saving paper rolls for years.  I've made alot of mini albums with them but never a basket until I saw this video from Chic n' Scratch .  She has alot of great ideas!  They really came together pretty quick.  Sarah is going to put these, along with other goodies, in bags for her teachers.





Supplies:

Cut the empty toilet paper roll into 1 3/8" pieces - usually I get 3 out of one roll
Black paper - cut at 5 3/16" x 1 3/8" - for the inside
DSP cut a 5 1/2" x 1 3/8" for the outside
1 3/4" circle punch - black paper
2 3/8" scallop circle punch - black paper
desired punch for handle

Make sure you check these measurements against your roll as some are different sizes!  I attached the inside first and then attached the outside DSP lining up the seams securing with score tape.  I then glued my black circle on my scallop circle and let it dry.  Then putting glue on the bottom edge of my roll, I attached it to the scalloped circle and held it in place until it dried a bit.  That process worked better for me.  I cut out a 5 1/2" piece of black paper and used my decorative punch and secured it on either side by using my crocodile and a brad.  I liked the handle on the inside.  I finished it off with some decorative cord.

This is a great way to use up all those Halloween scraps of paper!  In the picture is also some nuggets that I decorated with my SU -  It's A Wrap Holidays stamp.  I alway buy a bag of them at Sam's and depending on the holiday I stamp up individual labels (Avery Easy Peel - 1" x 2 5/8") and have them ready to put in different treat bags.  The main idea is to put them together right away so you don't eat the candy!  I saw this adorable stamp which tells it like it is:

Halloween Checklist
 
1.  Buy candy early so the selection is good.
2.  Taste the candy to be sure it's fresh.
3.  Buy more candy to replace what you ate.
4.  Make sure replacement candy is just as good.
5.  Buy a couple more bags, but that's it - no more!
6.  Aaaahhh!  It' Halloween and you have no candy!
7.  Turn off the lights and act like no one's home.
8.  Repeat steps next year.
 
Here's an update to the girls Halloween costumes - Sarah is still going to be Katy Perry and Rachel has decided to be a Lady Bug!  She has a Halloween dance at school next week so everyone is busy getting their costumes together!  Hope you have a good week!
 
Thanks for stopping bye,
Nancy, Rachel and Sarah
 
  
    




No comments: