Sunday, July 2, 2023

4th of July Postcards

 Well, it is hot, humid and raining - typical summer days!  Trying to straighten up my craft room, I came across an old SU stamp that I thought would make some great postcards.  A friend of mind had found it at a house sale and scooped it up for me for 50 cents!  I think it was from 2001.  Jennifer McGuire had a VIDEO awhile ago on making these and I thought I would make some for the holiday and send to some of our friends.  Awhile back, I had made some for Jennifer.  Here is the POST I made.  As you can see, they look great with any stamps.


I used one of my oval stencils and did some blending for the top and bottom leaving the  middle white  The stamp had never been used and was wooded mounted, so I carefully removed it and used my Misti.  I was so pleased how it turned out!


Here is a closer look.  I forgot to take a picture of the other side but Jennifer McGuire has a free template on her website that you copy on your CS that has a place for your stamp, address and message.  

It was a busy few days for us.  On Thursday, my daughters, Jennifer, Joe and I went to see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.  We had taken our kids there many years ago, but Joe wanted to go back as his Dad had come to Ellis Island as a child from Poland with his older sister.  They have computerized more information and we hope to obtain photo copies of his Dad's journey.


From Ellis Island, we went by ferry to see the Statue of Liberty.  Here is a picture of Joe on the ferry.  


Here is a picture of Jennifer in front of the statue.  It was a nice day but very hot.

Then on Saturday we celebrated my birthday.  We went to a nice restaurant up in the Poconos.


I had a Boston Cream Pie which I love.  We are watching Daisy while Jennifer is at Wolfe's Lodge swimming and then Tuesday the kids are coming here for the 4th.  Wednesday I  will be sleeping in!!  LOL!!  Everyone in the Pansy Patch wishes you a wonderful 4th of July.

Thanks for stopping by,



Nancy




6 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Perfect little postcards for fourth of July! Such adventures you have. Thank you for sharing these wonderful pics!

mamawcindy said...

Great postcards, I removed all my stamps from the wooden blocks. Now I can use them all in my Misti. Nice pictures. I would love to go see the Statue of Liberty. Hope you had a wonderful birthday. Have a great day!

Open Your Heart to Gardening said...

You had so much adventure. And love the fourth of July postcards.

Tanza Erlambang said...

Beautiful cards and nice photos of Joe and Jennifer....
Happy July 4th...

# Temperature reached 100*F in our areas.....terrible hot

Denise said...

Thanks for that beautiful post card in the mail. What a fun surprise for the 4th of July festivities. Great idea and so appropriate.

Authors with Advice said...

Nice photos and lovely card.