Monday, July 24, 2023

Birthday Card

 Here is another birthday card I made.  This one is for my daughter.  Gina K did this technique a few weeks ago. and  I thought it was so unique and different.  For those who want to try it, here is the VIDEO.  


It is made with her 3D Diamond Cover plate.  It can be made with any cover plate, but since I didn't' have any I ordered the one she used.  I thought it was pretty neat.  First you cut out two die cuts and adhere them together.  Then you take a silhouette stamp set and stamp it on two different pieces of paper in the exact same position.  Using a stamp positioner makes it easy to accomplish.  The closest one I had was my Springtime stamp and die I had purchased from Local King Rubber at a craft show years ago.  It is a pansy plant in a saucer.  Then you die cut one with the 3D die and place it exactly over the other imagine.  You trim off the edges and then I mounted my on black CS and used SU's Highland Heather for my base CS.  I used one of Gina K's paper sentiments that I had in my stash.  All I had to do was cut it out.


For my inside, I used the ladybug stamp from the set.  I thought they were so cute.  I still have some other birthday cards to make and I have been busy making some other projects, so with this hot weather my craft room has been getting a workout!

Thanks for stopping by,


Nancy

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

This is a cool technique that really makes you do a double take looking at the card. Now you have an awesome new cover plate, too! I really love those fun ladybugs inside. I just have to giggle at them. It's a good time to be in your craft room and away from the heat.

Tanza Erlambang said...

the cover and ladybugs look pretty and different...
excellent work