Friday, June 23, 2023

Birdhouse Card

 This card has been in the works for months.  I started it right before we got Covid.  My friend moved into her new house in a new state the beginning of the year, and I knew I wanted to make her this card.  The pieces have been laying on my desk in my unfinished pile!  What's the saying - better late than never!!


I used Scrappy Tails birdhouse dies and SU's Simple Stripes embossing folder to make the main birdhouse.  For my CS, I used SU's Crushed Curry and Old Olive.  I decorated it with flower dies from the Greetery and my little bird is from Papertry Ink's Feathered Friends #2.


You can put it together on the top so it opens up from the top, but I decided to make an accordion fold on each side so it lays flat in the envelope but will pop open and stand on its own.  The size is a slime line card.  


 This is the back where I used one of my punches to write a sentiment.  I hope my friend likes it.  My daughter Jeannie and Jennifer are in Texas this week on vacation.  First in San Antonio and the River Walk and then to Waco to see the Silo with Joanna and Chip Gaines.  Of course, they are having a heat wave!!  Last week we watched Jennifer since school was out and she wanted to work on a craft.  Have you heard about Diamond Painting?  I thought she would like them and got her some sticker ones to make.  I had put them in her Easter basket and they were waiting for her to make them.  They turned out so cute!  I thought she would only make one but she said they were very addictive and couldn't stop.  Here are some of the ones she made.


They come on sheets and you cut them out and then put the little gems on them.  She made me a panda one and I put it on my PC.  


Here is a picture of Jennifer on her last day of school.


It's hard to believe that she will be going onto 5th grade next year.  Time is going way too fast.  

Thanks for stopping by,


Nancy



4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Your birdhouse is so cute and it's perfect for a new home card! Love the embossed detail for boards. I'm thinking I might have to start collecting the Feathered Friends dies. I have only one, but your bird is so sweet. Jennifer expressed what we crafters all feel -- it's so addictive! What a cute little craft project. She did a good job putting all those little gems in place. She's growing up!

New Release Books said...

Birdhouse looks beautiful. And thanks for sharing a gorgeous post.

Tanza Erlambang said...

colorful birdhouse... many birds will come to that attractive birdhouse....

yes, time is going so fast...good luck to Jennifer

Open Your Heart to Gardening said...

Thanks for sharing the card, it's beautiful.