Sunday, June 4, 2023

Father's Day Card

 Well, I have moved onto making some Father's Day cards.  It is hard to believe that we are already into the month of  June!  I hope summer slows down some!!  My daughter's boyfriend like his motorcycle. so I decided to make his card from SU's One Wild Ride stamp set.


I saw several of these two panel cards in Pinterest and decided to make one.  I used black for my base card and crushed curry for my next layer. I cut my Very Vanilla layer  3 1/2" x 5" and stamped my images.  Then I just cut the CS in half so each panel was 1 3/4" x 5" which made it so easy to line up.


For my inside sentiment, I used an old Stampabilities stamp.  I find I am using a lot of my old stamp collections lately.  I was so disappointed to hear that Heartfelt Creations is shutting down their business by the end of the year.  I am definitely going to cherish the stamp sets that I have acquired during the past few years.  

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day.  We went away for a few days to Sylvan Beach, NY. with my daughter and Jennifer.  We had a wonderful time.  They advertised that it was ADA Compliant, so we decided too check it out and was pleasantly surprised.  The cottage was perfect with everything accessible for me including a ramp into the front door!  No steps! A pontoon boat came with the cottage as long as you had your NY boating license, so my daughter and Joe went online and got theirs!!  We had such a good time in it!!


I didn't think I would be able to get in it but the crew had everything ready for me.


They had this ramp where I could actually drive my scooter on it right into the boat!  They even picked it up and turned it around so when we were ready to get out I could drive right out!  I was so impressed and happy to be on the water again.


Of course, the next outing was fishing.  Jennifer was determined to catch her first fish.  She got right into it and helped Poppy with the worms!!


I don't know who was more excited - Jennifer, Poppy or my daughter.  She caught her first fish - a 7" bass!


Here is a picture of the successful duo!!  We had so much fun.  We also  found out that the place is dog friendly, so Daisy will be coming  along next time!  

Thanks for stopping by,


Nancy




3 comments:

Denise said...

Great Father's Day card! So glad everyone had a great time at the lake. Nice fish too..lol!

Tanza Erlambang said...

lovely family photos....
aww.... Jennifer so talent, congratulation to catch first fish...

# Beautiful card....Happy Father day....

Leslie Miller said...

Well, your card is just perfect for your daughter's boyfriend! I think it's so great when we have just the thing we need for a specific person or occasion. I thought of you when I heard about Heartfelt. You use their products so beautifully. There is still time to collect a few more! I'm so happy that you shared your Memorial weekend pics, too. What a beautiful place and absolutely fantastic that they're so accommodating. I'd be going there again. My girlfriend and I drove a few hours inland to the valley yesterday and enjoyed the summer weather. We were lunching and shopping, walking through parks, sitting on benches, sipping lemonade. It was nice!