Monday, May 1, 2023

Birthday Card for Rachel

 These birthdays are coming fast - one right after another!  We celebrated Rachel's birthday this weekend.  Hard to believe that she turned 23!!  The weather was miserable here over the weekend, but the rain held off so we could get into and out of the restaurant without getting drenched.  We had a nice time especially when it came to the desserts!  I was looking through my stamps trying to decide what type of card to make and chose a Gina K stamp set called Spread Your Wings.  My friend had gifted me this recently and it was the perfect stamp to use as she likes butterflies.


I used SU's CS Highland Heather for my base card and stamped the image with black ink using my Prismacolor pencils with Gamsol for the coloring.  The only thing I wish I had done differently would have been to emboss the image so it would have stood out more.  I love the sentiments that are with this stamp set.  I also used SU's Very Best Trio Punch for my CS.


For my inside sentiments, I used SU's Parisian Beauty and Perennial Birthday. 


Here is a picture of Rachel with her Mom and Jennifer plus her duck.  She doesn't go too far with it!!  LOL!  My other daughter's birthday is Thursday so back to the craft room!  

Thanks for stopping by,


Nancy

3 comments:

Denise said...

Pretty card for Rachel. Great job on the pencils too. Love the colors.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, that's a really nice stamp and you did a beautiful job coloring it! Love that purple. I'm trying to use up my colored cardstock before I buy more. I can do that but cannot resist the patterned paper. Cute picture of all your girls. Together you make 4 generations!

Tanza Erlambang said...

Happy birthday to Rachel...
Butterfly and colorful flowers are perfect combines