Saturday, September 26, 2020

Diagonal Halloween Flap Card

 Well, I decided that I had better start making some Halloween cards, so I started going through Pinterest to get some ideas and came across these really cute cards made by - Mixed Up Craft by Sam.  Her card was not for Halloween but you could make it for any occasion.  Even if you don't want to make this type of card check out her video.  It is sooo cute!!  She is making it with her Grandmother who is visiting her.  She was so patient and loving!  I can see me doing this with my Grandkids down the road!  I just loved it and she has some great other videos!

I made my Halloween version using some scraps I had from old SU DSP.  I made two of each DSP by just reversing the triangles.  They are 6" x 6" cards so you do need 12" x 12" CS.


Here are the other cards.


I used my Spellbinder dies for the circles and some old Michel's stamps for the sentiments with some pumpkin stickers I had left over from last year.


Here is what the inside looks like with some washi tape I added on the bottom.  It was hard to photograph but you get the idea of the folds.  All you do is score the 12" x 12" piece at 6" each way and then cut it diagonally.  I made my layers 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" and then 5" x 5".  There are some videos I saw using 8 1/2" x 11" CS but I liked these larger cards.


Here is a picture of a pink oxalis that we put in the front garden this summer.  We are going to leave it there and hope that it comes back next season.  I have seen several of these in different gardens and they all say they don't bring them inside for the winter.  Joe said he is going to put something over it to help protect it during our cold weather.  Keep your fingers crossed.  I have a smaller plant inside that I didn't plant outside so at least we will still have one as they are hard to find around here.  I got these my last visit to Lancaster, PA at a garden center.

Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

I entered this post at CardzTV Challenge #124 - Anything Goes.



6 comments:

Tanza Erlambang said...

the last card design is unique: pumpkin look like a sun...great idea.

Such a beautiful pink oxalis, hope flowers will be back by next year.

Have a nice weekend.

Denise said...

What a nice card! Love that it will stand up too.

Leslie Miller said...

First of all, I just have to say the paper is so cute! I especially love the frogs. They're just fun! Great cards with this fold. I did watch the sweet video and it's surprising how simple this fold really is. I do like simple! Your designs are just super! I have that little oxalis in my garden and it pops up every year. Our winters are quite different, but at least you have one inside just in case something happens. Good luck!

THE ONLY TRUE HACKER IN THE WORLD ® said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mamawcindy said...

Super cute cards. Going to have to watch the video to see how they are made. Love your flowers. Look purple to me. I would cover them to. Hope they come back next year. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. Sanibel has lots of shells. You would love it.

dellgirl said...

Your Diagonal Halloween Flap Cards are beautiful as usual, Nancy. I LOVE them! You did a wonderful job on these. Keep up the good work! Wishing you well, my friend! Stay Safe!