Friday, October 9, 2020

Halloween Eclipse Card

 I finally got to finish some more Halloween cards that have been sitting on my desk.  I usually do most of my crafting on the weekends, but last weekend Jennifer was up and we were having way too much fun!  I decided to do an eclipse card for Halloween.  There is something about this technique that just draws me in!  I ended up making a few of these 5" x 7" cards.  I made them a but larger than I normally do, so I could fit everything together.  I used a combination of old SU Halloween stamps/dies - Spooky Cat, Pick a Pumpkin and Graveyard Gate.  For my letters I used SU's Letter for You.  


For my inside sentiment, I used an oldie but goodie from Michaels and some washi tape and die cut pumpkins.


While they were up, Joe took Jennifer out on the ATV for a ride which of course she loved.  She has always ridden different motorized vehicles as she outgrew each one - her ATV when she was little, her John Deer tractor and recently her power wheel car so she is always ready to ride!  He didn't get to ride much this summer as most parks have been closed.  We are hoping they will be opened for snowmobiling.


After her ride, she wanted to paint her pumpkins with a little help from Daisy!


We then cut open the big pumpkin and roasted the pumpkin seeds.  I haven't done that in years.  They turned out really yummy!  Here is the pumpkin all cut out and lit up!  


Now you know why I didn't get any crafting done!  After this crazy year, it was so much fun to do normal things.  I gave Jennifer her Halloween box that I made her last year to take home.  It was really made for Christmas but I turned the boxes around and decorated one side for Halloween as it is also her birthday.


It is so funny looking at last year's picture, as my hair is now white!!  With all the beauty parlors closed for the virus, I couldn't get it dyed, so I decided to go back to my natural color which now is white!   It was so funny, in the beginning I would look in the mirror and ask myself who is that?  I wondered what Jennifer would say and to my surprise she said she liked it better.  

I have Jennifer's birthday card to work on as well as a few other ones.  It seems funny not to make anything for the Wellness Center this year as they still have not opened, but I will probably make something for the kids coming to Jennifer's birthday party.  We are having some great weather here but it is supposed to start raining on Sunday for a few days which means I will have some craft time.  It is hard to stay inside when the weather is so nice! Have a great weekend.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy




3 comments:

Denise said...

Love your card Nancy and the photos too. Looks like
Daisy is almost as big as Jennifer! Adorable.

Tanza Erlambang said...

first image is lovely combination of hat, pumpkin and critters.
Daisy looks calm and sweet with Jennifer.
Beautiful photos of Jennifer with you and her grandfather.

# Happy Halloween

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, gosh, your card is cute! I love Halloween cards. Someday I'll have to get some big letter dies. Thank you so much for sharing a slice of normal life. It's so good to see all that normal fun stuff going on. I let my hair go a few years ago and I like it so much more. Mine is salt and pepper with white streaks in the front. It actually looks pretty cool!